Monday, August 12, 2013

Summer Dinner Menu

A picture of summer: zucchini flowers, stuffed with cheese and herbs, sizzling crisp in a skillet.

 
My friend Jenni and her guy Hal came for dinner last night. Jenni is a chef and caterer who loves to use fresh and wild ingredients, so of course I had to try to impress. I love this time of year when every course starts in my garden or the local farmers' market. Here's the menu, perfect for a summer evening in Saskatchewan:

Lemon sorbet with raspberries
 
Sources:
Zucchini flowers, chard, herbs - my garden
Flat Iron steak - Benlock Farms, Saskatoon Farmers' Market
Arugula - Floating Gardens, Saskatoon Farmers' Market
Raspberries - my friend Gwen (across the back alley)
Ravioli - homemade with eggs from Cool Springs Ranch
Sorbet - the grocery store

No comments: