Monday, October 29, 2012

Cooking on Global TV

In my kitchen with Global TV's Kevin Stanfield eating a hot-from-the-oven pumpkin muffin. Watch us cooking on Food for Thought.

Pumpkin Muffins
I clipped this muffin recipe so long ago I can't remember where I got it, but I make them every year in pumpkin season.

1 cup pumpkin puree *
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup soft butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 1/4 cups flour
2 1/5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp each cinnamon, freshly grated nutmeg and freshly grated ginger
Cane sugar for sprinkling

Stir together the pumpkin and baking soda. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Beat in eggs. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and spices. Add the flour mixture and the pumpkin mixture to the batter, stirring just until mixed. Spoon into 12 muffin tin. Sprinkle with cane sugar. Bake 375F for 20-25 minutes. 

* Turn your jack-o-lantern into pumpkin puree. Cut the hollowed out pumpkin into 8 pieces, place on a baking sheet and roast at 375F until the flesh is very soft. The time required will vary with the thickness of the pumpkin. Cool. Using a spoon, scrape the flesh off the rind. Mash with a fork or in a food processor until it forms a consistent puree. Now it's ready for baking. Also try pumpkin gnocchi.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I grew up with Julia Child. Girl, you ain't no Julia Child.
And that guy eating your muffins. He reminded me of a Yank I used to know who would eat anything.
But all kidding aside your blog and the savory pictures and stories are the best.
Loved the video.