Sunday, October 17, 2010

Soup Week 41 - Chicken Coconut

While moving into my new house, I discovered a can of coconut milk which I believe has been in my pantry for a very long time. So, rather than move it, I made it the basis for a lovely soup with the leftovers of my Thanksgiving chicken.

1 can coconut milk (2 cups)
3 cups chicken broth (homemade)
1 handful of leftover chicken
1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
2 chopped banana peppers (from my garden)
2 cups chopped chanterelle mushrooms (local, of course)
1/4 cup fish sauce
1 small leek, finely sliced (farmer's market)
1/2 lemon
salt and pepper to taste

Put everything in the pot. Bring to a boil, then simmer until it's cooked and yummy (I simmered it with the lid on about one hour). Remove lemon before serving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're still blogging, Amy. Boy this soup looks good!
Gwen S.