Saturday, August 21, 2010

Eat, Love, Judge

I am now a certified BBQ judge in the Pacific Northwest BBQ Association! I took the certification course today and tomorrow I'll be judging the Saskatoon BBQ Championship 2010. (Details.)

The big competition is at the Saskatoon Farmers' Market but tonight it was a fun event with lots of BBQ and an amateur competition. It was interesting to note that BBQ draws quite a different crowd than the morning farmers' market...

I took the judges certification course at the invitation of Schryer's Smoked BBQ Shack. Thanks Schryer's!

2 comments:

uncanny said...

My husband was in that class with you! I love having a Saskatoon blog in my reader.

Carrie said...

Amy, I just finished your new book, Prairie Feast, and practically devoured it, I could not put it down. What memories of my Saskatchewan childhood it evoked. I need another copy of this wonderful book for my mother who will also love it. So - I followed the link on your website to source out the book, and laughed when I saw the article on the recent Saskatoon BBQ competition. My husband and daughter-in-law took that class with you, he remembers you. As well, our son won the competition. Small world indeed! I am excited about following your local blog and I am already a big fan. Great job,
Carrie