Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Thanks Leon - VENISON STEW

Fabulous venison stew tonight. This recipe is from Ducks Unlimited Adventure in Cooking, which I picked up at a used book store in Regina on the weekend. Everything was local from Saskatchewan except the chocolate and cinnamon. (I didn't use kidney beans, but put in extra local pinto beans instead.)

It's a beautiful cookbook and I think I'll use it often.

So thanks, Leon, for the gift of venison, and I hope you're having a good hunting season. (A very self-serving sentiment!)

2 comments:

JJ Moneysauce said...

Where did you get local cumin???

Home for Dinner said...

The cumin came from a spice farmer at Eston. It was a gift and I'm almost out, so I'll email and ask where I can buy some more. I know he supplies some of the big spice companies such as McCormicks.