Friday, August 15, 2008

The Mushroom Bus

Yea for provincial buses, which this week brought me 50 pounds of chanterelle mushrooms from the forest near Nipawin. Well, I didn't eat all 50 pounds myself, but resold them to my foodie friends. It would be nice to be able to buy Saskatchewan mushrooms in the grocery store (so why aren't there any?) but failing that, thank goodenss for the bus.



Tonight I made pasta with mushroom sauce. On the side, that's a couple of deep fried zucchini flowers, baby zucchini still attached. Yummy...

1 comment:

JJ $ said...

I usually pick them myself but it would be nice to have them in that quantity. The pickings were slim this year with my timing. The guys up by La Ronge are vicious, it's hard to find anything because they are so aggressive at it. This year was a great year for blueberries though so I grabbed about 7 gallons of those instead!