Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Seared Carpaccio

This dish is such easy entertaining, whether it's a summer patio or a winter buffet. I often make it when I need a snazzy appetizer but don't have a lot of prep time on the day of dinner. It's mostly made ahead and sliced just at serving time.

Choose a good cut of beef (such as steak or tenderloin) that is uniformly 3/4 to 1 inch thick. I like to serve it as pictured with cherry tomatoes, scattered with arugula and shaves of parmesan cheese, along with a good sliced bread.

1 clove garlic
1 tsp rock salt
8 peppercorns
3 juniper berries (optional)*
1 handful of mixed fresh herbs such as oregano, thyme, sage, rosemary and parsley
1 tbsp vegetable oil + more for cooking
1 lb beef steak such as sirloin or flat iron

1. Smash together the garlic, salt, peppercorns and juniper berries until it's a crushed mush.

2. Finely chop the herbs and smash into the garlic mixture. Stir in 1 tbsp of oil to make a paste. Taste and add more salt, pepper or herbs as needed.

3. Rub the herb mixture onto all sides of the steak. Wrap it in plastic and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight to marinate.

4. Bring meat to room temperature before cooking.

5. Coat a cast iron frying pan with oil. Heat on high ~ I set the burner to level 8 out of 10. Or you can heat the grill.

6. Set the steak in the pan (or on the grill) and sear all sides, a few minutes per side, until the surface is well cooked but the inside is not. It will be spring-y when pressed with a finger.

5. Cool, wrap in foil or plastic and refrigerate.

6. With a sharp knife, shave the beef across the grain into thin slices. Arrange on a plate. Serve cold.

* I pick juniper berries when I go for a walk, say, at Cranberry Flats or along Saskatchewan Crescent. Pick them in the fall or winter when the berries are dark blue and crumbly.

3 comments:

Kriti Sharma said...

Your article is very good and very different. Your post will be very useful for me because I like these articles very much, I am thankful that I found this post.

Call Girls Noida City Center
Gurgaon Escorts Service
Delhi Airport Escorts Service
Delhi Escorts Service
Gurugram Call Girls Photos
Call Girls Sector 14
Call Girls Sector 15
Call Girls Sector 16

Anonymous said...



Good news!

Do you need an urgent loan to settle all kinds of debt? If you need any urgent credit please contact us today. We issue loans ranging from $ 2,000 dollars to $ 100,000,000.00 dollars to any interested individual, boards, schools, churches, with a minimum interest rate of 2% per annum. contact loan processing officer using your corporate email: (inforamzanloan@gmail.com) God Bless

Anonymous said...

Do you  need a commercial loan?
Do you need a personal loan?
Do you need loan to clear your debts?
Do you need refinance?  
Contact:
Email: stevenryanfinance@gmail.com 

WhatsApp:  +1 (201)762-5582
Website: https://stevenryanfinance.wixsite.com/worldwide