Monday, September 05, 2011

I'm enjoying a daily cup of chaga tea. I've read that it will cure many ailments, but I'm mostly enjoying the woodsy flavour. One sip and I think instantly of waking up on a spruce covered island somewhere north of La Ronge.
My friend Curtis (who picked this chaga in northern Saskatchewan) told me to grate the chaga before boiling it, but it's hard to grate, so I've been plunking the whole chunk in a pot of water and boiling it whole. I wonder how many times I can boil it before I boil out all the goodness? And the taste of the forest...   

3 comments:

yakym said...

Is it available in Saskatoon? I'd love to try it. It might also be good blended with other ingredients.

JJ Moneysauce said...

I was lucky to find some chaga on a wind-felled birch this year. I have a big bag of it now and it is delicious.

Amy Jo Ehman said...

What luck!