Sunday, March 27, 2011

Cheese Please

Finally, I got my hands on some of the lovely cheeses made by Chapel Cheese of Ravenscrag, down in southwest Saskatchewan. Thanks to a chain of hand-delivery (3 degrees of separation from the farm) I sampled the Heritage Havarti and Coulee Caerphilly last night.

Here they are pictured with charcuterie from Pulvermacher Butchers in Bruno and Model Meats in Watrous. I'm a huge fan of Pulvermachers pepperoni (on the left).

At Chapel Cheese, Jim's herd of heritage breed cows will begin milking again soon, so there'll be a new batch of cheese to sample. I smell a road trip on the horizon...

3 comments:

All Our Fingers in the Pie said...

Where can I buy this cheese?

Amy Jo Ehman said...

The cheese can be purchased at the farm and at the summer farmers' market in Maple Creek. Right now, cheese stocks are low until the cows start milking again. Contact the farm for availability and market dates.

All Our Fingers in the Pie said...

Thank you. I am in Swift Current so can pop over to the MC market.