Sunday, May 16, 2010

Fiddleheads anyone...?

Fiddleheads are forest ferns before they unfurl in spring... tight little curls of green. They're very fresh tasting in a stir fry or any dish that also calls for asparagus (which is harvested at the same time) like this bowl of Pasta Primavera.


I'll be ordering some fiddleheads from a fellow who picks them in the forest near White Fox, Saskatchewan (which is near Nipawin). They are $9 a pound. The fiddleheads will be delivered to Saskatoon this week.

Would you like to try this novel taste of spring? If you live in or near Saskatoon, and you'd like to order a pound or two, send a comment to this blog post. Then call me at 665-5957 to arrange pick-up. Thanks!

12 comments:

All Our Fingers in the Pie said...

Yes, I would love to order fiddleheads. I will be in Saskatoon from Wednesday until Sunday. Does that timeframe work?

All Our Fingers in the Pie said...

I'll order 2 lbs. Or should I say, a kilo!

tasteofbeirut said...

I would like to taste fiddleheads! I like their shape!

Levi & Megan Lust said...

I would like a pound of fiddleheads please. I can't wait to experiment! How/where/when do we pick them up?

higgybabyandme said...

If its not too late - my mom and I will take 2 lbs.
Thanks!

Heather Acton said...

I have always wanted to try them. Maybe I'll get a chance?

JJ Moneysauce said...

I totally missed the ball here! Maybe next time. Feel free to email me with future initiatives!

Rachel said...

hi amy jo, do you know if morels are still coming of if they are done? I was out of town and completely forgot but Noelle reminded me.
Rachel Engler-Stringer

Anonymous said...

I would like to order 10 lbs if possible.

Amy Jo Ehman said...

Hi Anonymous... Call me to confirm your order and give me your contact info. 665-5957.
Amy

JJ Moneysauce said...

Hi AJ, please count me in for 2 lb this year!! You should still have my email address (I can email you if you forgot who I am).

JJ Moneysauce said...

P.S. please count me in for some morels if you can too!!!